Employment Law Practice Group is comprised of experienced contract attorneys who regularly review, negotiate, and draft employment agreements that allow executives to seize promising opportunities with confidence and security. We regularly advise individuals regarding their employment contract rights before, during, and following their employment.
Our attorneys assist clients to ensure that proposed employment agreements are fair and cover all salient issues, including:
- compensation, including base salary, compensation increases, bonus criteria and schedules, expense reimbursement, relocation costs, and equity opportunities;
- benefits, including health, life, and long-term disability insurance, deferred compensation, and supplemental executive retirement plan information;
- confidentiality restrictions;
- duration of employment term;
- job duties, responsibilities, and expectations;
- termination of employment, including defining “termination for cause,” internal and administrative recourse, and notice requirements;
- severance packages and “golden parachutes”;
- remedies upon termination, including required arbitration or mediation of disputes, recoverable damages, governing law, and designated jurisdiction(s);
- limitations on post-employment competition or solicitation.