Both new and established businesses of all sizes, and in all industries, can benefit from seasoned legal advice. From companies that are just starting out to firmly rooted corporations looking to expand into new geographic areas, it’s impossible to overstate the value of business counseling.
SederLaw’s Business Counseling practice has a proven track record of providing clients with exceptional legal services and dedication to achieving their objectives. We’re committed to the success of your organization and prepared to handle the challenges of today’s business and corporate landscape.
A Snapshot Of Our Clients
SederLaw represents a diverse array of businesses and corporations. Start-ups, entrepreneurs, and sole proprietors face complex hurdles to getting off the ground and retaining clients and customers. Meanwhile, closely-held companies may be seeking answers on how to best transition their leadership to the next generation. Or you may represent a long-established domestic or multinational corporation with financing or restructuring concerns. SederLaw represents these and countless other types of businesses.
Our firm also has experience serving businesses in a multitude of different industries and geographic areas. Every company is different, but every industry poses its own demands, difficulties, and questions. For example, the industry in which you conduct business may have certain licensing and compliance requirements. On the other hand, the locations in which you operate bring unique competitive environments and, sometimes, local legal rules that must be followed. You deserve a law firm that has experience with not only your type of business but with the specific goods and services you provide.
Regardless of your market position or exact needs, SederLaw is ready to advise you on corporate and business operations, strategies, and much more.
Our Business Counseling Services
We understand the stresses of routine, day-to-day business. We also know that making a major decision or beginning a new chapter in your company’s history can be particularly challenging. No matter the issues facing your organization, SederLaw can help. We offer such business counseling services as:
- Entity formation. There are advantages and disadvantages to different business entities, such as a corporation versus a limited liability company. We explain those differences and help you choose the best legal structure.
- Corporate governance. Part of starting a business is adopting various agreements related to the operations of your organization. We help you prepare and execute governance documents such as articles of incorporation, partnership agreements, operating agreements, and more.
- Licensing and compliance. Based on the nature and location of your business, special licensing rules may apply. You also may need help with ongoing compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Our firm is prepared to assist.
- Financing and investments. Businesses, especially new ones, often need help with financing and raising capital. But established companies may need these and other resources for purposes of business expansion. We help companies with all types of financing and investment.
- Buying and selling a business. Your company may be interested in purchasing another business. On the other hand, you may wish to sell your company and move on to other endeavors. We work with all manner of business transactions to meet your specific needs.
- Mergers and acquisitions. Similarly, we have experience handling everything from simple to complex mergers and acquisitions. That includes asset and stock sales and purchases.
- General counsel. We advise companies on a broad range of ongoing matters, from contract to employment law issues. These matters can arise at any time and present legal problems that demand experienced representation.
- Intellectual property. If your business uses or creates intellectual property, there’s a good chance you will have questions about licensing, breaches, and how to protect what you own. From trademark and copyright to patents and trade secrets, we have you covered.
- Advisement on fiduciary duties. Shareholders, officers, and directors each have their own set of fiduciary duties, such as loyalty and putting the interests of the company first. We regularly advise companies on their fiduciary duties and how to avoid liability.
- Securities. Perhaps it’s time to prepare your business for a securities offering. Securities are highly regulated by the SEC and other entities and demand strict adherence to the complex web of rules, regulations, and laws that govern them.
- Business succession planning. In the event an owner leaves your company or becomes incapacitated, there needs to be a smooth transition plan put in place so the business can continue to be properly managed. Business succession is like estate planning for companies, and we have the experience it takes to develop and implement a comprehensive plan.
These are just a few of our business counseling services. Some of these, such as entity formation, involve one-time events. But many others concern ongoing responsibilities. Our firm’s goal is to help your company minimize liability, maximize profit, and avoid unnecessary expenses and losses.
Contact Our Business Counseling Attorney Today
We counsel businesses by delivering the highest quality of legal services that meet their values. Our firm’s mission is to build strong relationships with our clients based on trust, responsiveness, transparency, and the legal skill and experience you expect and deserve. That requires a multidisciplinary approach that touches on numerous areas of law, including but not limited to contract, employment and labor, and tax law.
The knowledgeable business counseling attorneys of SederLaw are ready to partner with you and your organization today. Give us a call to learn more.
SederLaw helps clients by counseling on business law in Worcester from their primary office as well as clients throughout MetroWest from their Westborough office.